Selection is open to any young climbers with a minimum of 3 months climbing experience. A selection event will be held every 2 academic terms generally in the last week of term i.e. the next selection event will run on Sunday 17th December 2017 for a January 2018 Start.
Current VauxSquad members will be expected to attend each selection event. Their place is not guaranteed.
Climbing experience for aspirant VauxSquad members can be gained in our Junior Clubs.
Aims of day
- To deliver a welcoming fun event that allows young climber to display their climbing abilities in the centre.
- To select 12 VauxSquad Members
- To provide minimum disruption to general customers on the day.
Overview & Booking
- Sunday 17th December 2017 9am -2pm
- Booking & Pre-registration essential
- Maximum 40 participants
- Entry fee per participant £10 paid on booking
- To book click this link https://buff.ly/2iB12FO
Standard time frame for a selection day
9am registration opens
9.30am Welcome and intro to the day
10am Score cards issued & climbing begins
There will be 25 boulder problems, 1 traverse and 1 endurance circuit to attempt.
1pm Climbing ends & Score cards collected.
1.20pm Debrief and mini prize giving.
1.45pm Event ends
The selection team will review scores & observations. Invitations to join the VauxSquad will be sent via email.